The Western Dakota Energy Association will award five $1,000 scholarships this fall to students in an energy-related field at a North Dakota college, university or technical school.
Scholarship selection criteria may include, but is not limited to:
- Prior academic performance
- Recommendations from instructors and employers
- The applicant’s career, academic or other relevant experiences
- Statements indicative of the applicant’s motivation, character and ability
- The applicant’s place of residence and intended career path
- Evidence of applicant’s scientific or other special talent
- The applicant’s financial need
- Previous military experience
Priority will be given to students who plan to work in the oil/gas or coal industry in North Dakota.
The application deadline is October 18, 2019. Scholarship winners will be announced at WDEA's annual meeting October 30-31 in Minot.